Arriving Home

The Navy also offered advice to help women keep track of their military records after returning to civilian life:

Have the Recorder of County Clerk record your discharge certificate. You can then obtain a certified copy any time in the future if the original is lost or destroyed.

This image comes from the Women’s Reserve Information Separation Pamphlet. It is held by the The Betty H. Carter Women Veterans Historical Project at the University of North Carolina Greensboro.

Leave a Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s